This weekend found us at the lake cottage with an abundance of time and a need for healthy snacking options like this grandma’s granola. Is anyone else eating NONSTOP during this quarantine?! We are either making food, eating food, cleaning up after eating food or thinking about what we will eat next these days (to be fair, it’s actually not that different than normal for our family of seven…).
With that being said, we decided to make a quick and easy snack that is a hit with everyone (even our pickiest eaters): Grandma’s Four Ingredient Granola. Yes, Grandma Marrs was a whiz in the kitchen and she always kept things simple, using a short list of real food ingredients and utilizing everyday staples. Her recipes never send us to some speciality market for a rare and hard-to-find spice. We usually have everything we need already in the pantry. This recipe is no exception.
This granola is delicious served over yogurt for breakfast or ice cream for dessert. Or, you can throw in a few chocolate chips (chocolate makes everything better) and eat it as a crunchy snack like the boys and I did last night while playing a very intense game of Clue.
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1 cup Honey
- 5-6 cups of Old Fashioned Oats
- 2 teaspoons of Cinnamon
- (Optional: 1/2 cup of Sliced Almonds and Pecans and Raisins to taste)
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Mix the honey, canola oil and oats (if you are using nuts, add them now) in a large bowl.
- Pour mixture into a thin layer on two cookies sheets lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle the top of the mixture with cinnamon.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Stir mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- Optional: Stir in raisins after you remove granola from the oven.
- The granola will be soft as soon as it comes out of the oven but will harden as it cools.
We hope this simple and quick treat will bring your family together in the kitchen for moment of levity during this season of uncertainty. Stay well and safe, friends.